Amritsar is the second-largest city in the state of Punjab. It is a major cultural and economic center located in the Majha region of Punjab. The city is also known for its wooden chessboards and chess pieces manufacturing industry. The narrow lanes of Amritsar are arrayed with shops selling colorful slippers, suits, and more. Further, you must try out the famous food items like Tandoori Chicken, Makki di Roti, etc in Amritsar. Moreover, it is home to Harmandir Sahib, popularly known as “the Golden Temple,” one of Sikhism’s most spiritually significant and most-visited gurudwaras. Thus, on the road trip to Amristar you can experience a lot of things which makes it memorable.
- Distance: 217 km from Chandigarh
- Best time to visit: November to March
- Places of attraction: Golden Temple, Akal Takht, Sadda Pind, Gurudwara Chheharta Sahib, Jallianwala Bagh, and Partition Museum.
Chandigarh is bordered by the state of Punjab to the north, the west and the south, and by the state of Haryana to the east. It was one of the early planned cities in post-independence India. And also known for its architecture and urban design. Chandigarh also is one of the cleanest cities in the country. There are so many things that you can do and so many places you can visit here. Thus, it is one of the best road trips to take in Punjab.
- Distance: 229 km from Amritsar
- Best time to visit: October to March
- Places of attraction: Nek Chand’s Rock Garden, International Dolls Museum, Sukhna Lake, Zakir Hussain Rose Garden, Timber Trail, and Pinjore Garden.
Patiala is a city in the state of Punjab. It is the fourth largest city in the state. Further, the city remains famous for its traditional Patiala shahi turban, paranda, Patiala salwar, and slipper. And also known as “The Royal City“. Moreover, if you are a history enthusiast, this city will not disappoint you. Here you can see Mughal, Rajput, and Punjab architectural styles in the monuments of the city. Thus, it is one of the most popular places to visit in Punjab.
- Distance: 235 km from Amritsar
- Best time to visit: October to February
- Places of attraction: Moti Bagh Palace, Kali Mata Mandir, Qila Mubarak, Bahadurgarh Fort, and Sheesh Mahal.
Pathankot is a city in Punjab, India. Situated in the picturesque foothills of Kangra and Dalhousie, with the river Chakki flowing close by. This city is blessed with the beauty of nature, dense trees, and an admiring landscape. Alongside its beautiful landscape, the city is known for its history as well. Further, there are more interesting places to explore here. The historical structures of Shahpur Kandi Fort and the Nurpur Fort remain one of the major places to visit in Pathankot. Thus, Pathankot is one of the most famous places in Punjab.
- Distance: 115 km from Amritsar
- Best time to visit: October to May
- Places of attraction: Bhakra Nangal Dam, Satluj Park, Virasat-e-Khalsa, Sheetla Devi Temple, Shahpurkandi Fort, Ranjit Sagar Dam, Mukteshwar Temple, and Kathgarh Temple.
Jalandhar is a city in the state of Punjab. Also famous for its sports industry and equipment manufactured. And it is also a hub for the manufacturing of hand tools. Jalandhar is an ancient city, holding special significance for many holy shrines. This city portrays its rich cultural heritage and glorious history. From street shopping to showrooms, Jalandhar has so much to offer for tourists. Some of the attractions here are Devi Talab Mandir, Wonderland, Science City, etc. Thus, Jalandhar is one of the most exciting places to visit in Punjab.
- Distance: 83 km from Amritsar
- Best time to visit: January to March
- Places of attraction: Burlton Park, Gurdwara Shahid Baba Nihal Singh Ji, Devi Talab Mandir, Nikku Park Road, Wonderland, and Science City