Mussoorie is a hill station in the Dehradun district in the state of Uttarakhand. Also known as Queen of the Hills. It is in the foothills of the Garhwal Himalayan range. Set at a height of 2,000 meters above sea level. Mussoorie offers scenic views of Himalayas peaks in Western Garhwal. Furthermore, it offers various adventure activities like trekking, angling, zip-lining, and paragliding. On this trip, you can see misty clouds, snow-covered mountains, dense trees, and beautiful lakes. Thus, it is the right place for a weekend road trip.
- Best time to visit: May to June
- Distance: 34 km from Dehradun
- Places of attraction: Lal Tibba, Kempty Falls, Camel Back Road, Gun Hill, Soham Heritage Art Centre, and Lake Mist.
2. Jim Corbett
- Best time to visit: November to February
- Distance: 178 km from Dehradun
- Places of attraction: Kosi River, Hanuman Dham, Corbett Falls, Durga Mandir Temple, Sitabani Temple, and Durga Devi Zone.
- Best time to visit: April to June and September to November
- Distance: 88 km from Dehradun
- Places of attraction: Tiger Falls, Yamuna Adventure Park, Chilmiri Neck, Kanasar, Budher Caves, Deoban, and Lakhamandal.
- Best time to visit: Throughout the year
- Distance: 275 from Dehradun
- Places of attraction: Nainital Lake, Tiffin Top, Naina Peak, The Mall Road, Bhimtal Lake, High Altitude Zoo, Lands End, and Kainchi Dham.
- Best time to visit: March to May
- Distance: 338 from Dehradun
- Places of attraction: Zero Point, Chitai Golu Devta Temple, Katarmal Sun Temple, Jageshwar, and Kasar Devi Temple.