Andaman and Nicobar Islands
1. Radhanagar Beach
- Radhanagar Beach is located in the Swaraj Dweep Island (Havelock Island) in the union territory of Andaman and Nicobar Islands. Ranked as the best beach in India and the 7th best beach in the world by Time Magazine. This beach attracts huge tourism due to its striking beauty and is a treat to watch during sunrise and sunset. Its vast shores of endless white grains stretch across 2 kilometers and are lined up with lush green palm trees makes it for a postcard-perfect scenery. Further, Radhanagar Beach is also very common for tourists to spot some elephants on the beach. It is the most preferred location for adventure activities like scuba diving, snorkeling and seabed walking. The best time to visit this beach is from November to February. Hence, it is one of the most popular attractions in Havelock Island and also in Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
2. Ross Island
- Ross Island is an island of the Andaman Islands. Formerly known as Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose Island. It is located near Port Blair. Moreover, the historic ruins are a tourist attraction. It was the headquarters of the British colony and today it houses its ruins of the buildings, numerous churches, and a small museum that was built during the British time. Further, as of now, the island is under the Indian Navy’s control. This island offers splendid views of the sea. The various places of attraction are Ross Island Penal Colony, Barren Island, Forest Department Museum, British Colony Ruins, and Japanese bunkers. Thus, it is one of the most famous tourist destinations in the Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
3. Cellular Jail
- The Cellular Jail was a colonial prison in the Andaman and Nicobar Islands, India. Also known as Kala Pani. This three-storeyed prison, constructed by Britishers in 1906. The prison was used by the British government for the purpose of exiling political prisoners to the remote archipelago. Further, the walls of this jail hold many stories of brave Indian freedom fighters and prisoners. Also, there is even a gallery dedicated to the photos and exhibitions of the movement of the freedom fighters, and the hardships faced by the brave soldiers. Thus, Cellular Jail stands as a prominent tourist attraction in the Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
4. Kalapathar Beach
- Kalapathar beach is located in the Havelock Island of the Andaman and Nicobar Islands. This beach got its name Kala Patthar from the adjoining street called Black Road. It is a long stretch of white silky sand with big black rocks beside the blue sea. The beach is small but the mesmerizing views of the sunset at this beach makes it a perfect destination to spend some peaceful time. This place is quite an extraordinary location to be explored. Thus, it is one of the Amazing Places to visit in Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
5. North Bay Island
- North Bay Island is an excellent destination for water sports in Andaman and Nicobar Islands. Here you can enjoy various adventure activities like scuba diving, snorkeling, sea walking, and glass boat rides. And also known for its magnificently beautiful coral reefs, close view of the underwater marine life, and white-sand beaches. This island, also known as Coral Island which is a major attraction in Andaman and attracts people from around the world. It competes with some of the most beautiful islands all over the world when it comes to attracting tourists. Thus, it is one of the Best Tourist Places in Andaman and Nicobar Islands.