Places to visit in Dalhousie
- Khajjiar is a hill station in the Chamba district of the state, Himachal Pradesh. Also called the mini-Switzerland of India. Set at an altitude of 2,000 meters above sea level. However, it is incomplete without its lake, known as Khajjiar Lake. This lake is one of the most popular tourist places in the state. It is surrounded by green meadows and dense forests and also known for its beautiful temples. Here you can also enjoy various adventure activities like paragliding, zorbing, and horse-riding. Thus, it is one of the most beautiful destinations in the state of Himachal Pradesh. Therefore, the best time to visit Khajjiar is from October to March.
- Panchpula is located at a distance of 3 km from Dalhousie in the state of Himachal Pradesh. Surrounded by a picturesque view of mountains, deodar trees, misty clouds, green valleys, and a waterfall. Also, it is one of the popular spots among trekkers. More than thousands of tourists visit this place every year. Panchpula is one of the most famous weekend trip destinations from Dalhousie among the tourist. Therefore, the best time to visit Panchpula is from June to September. Thus, it is one of the Best Places to visit in Dalhousie.
3. Kalatop Wildlife Reserve
- Kalatop Khajjiar Sanctuary is located in the Chamba district of the state, Himachal Pradesh. It lies in the path of the Ravi River. Surrounded by coniferous, fir, oak forests, Rhododendron trees, and dense deodar. Thus, the best time to visit Kalatop Wildlife Reserve is from September to May. This sanctuary is home to deer, bear, leopard, barking goral, Himalayan black marten, langur, and beautiful birds. Also popular for safari, trekking, photography, nature walks, hiking trails, and picnics. Thus, the Kalatop Wildlife Reserve is one of the major places of tourist attractions.
4. Chamera Lake
- Chamera Lake is located in the Chamba district in the state of Himachal Pradesh. This lake is a perfect place to picnic. Chamera Lake was formed because the Chamera Dam was built on the Ravi River. Further, the lake is also famous for various water sports like river rafting, boating, canoeing, and kayaking. Apart from its scenic beauty, it also includes the dense pine forests of Bhandal Valley surrounding it. The best time to visit Chamera Lake is from March to June. Thus, it is one of the beautiful places to visit in Dalhousie.
5. Ganji Pahari
- Ganji Pahari is a scenic hill located in the Dalhousie district of the state, Himachal Pradesh. The name Ganji Pahari literally means bald hill, because the hill has no trees at the peak of the hill. Moreover, People trek to Ganji Pahari to watch the mesmerizing sunset and sunrise. It is one of the most popular nature walks in Dalhousie. Therefore, the best time to visit Ganji Pahari is from October and February. More than hundreds of tourists visit this place every year. The beautiful views of the surroundings and the fresh mountain air makes the hill the perfect place to visit in Dalhousie.