Places to visit in Ooty
1. Ooty Lake
- Ooty lake is located in Ooty in the Nilgiris district in the state of Tamil Nadu. And also called as Ooty boathouse. It spreads an area of 65 acres. Moreover, it is the pride of the Blue Hills. The Boathouse situated by the lake, which offers boating facilities to tourists. It is a major tourist attraction in Ooty. Further, tourists can also enjoy a refreshing ride on its serene waters. The lake is filled with beautiful water birds with the exotic Nilgiri mountain ranges in the background. Therefore, the best time to visit Ooty Lake is from April to June. Thus, it is one of the Best Places to visit in Ooty.
2. Botanical Gardens
- The Government Botanical Garden is a botanical garden in Udhagamandalam, near Coimbatore in the state of Tamil Nadu. There are more than 600 species of plants and flowers cultivated here. And the garden spreads over an area of around 55 hectares. Moreover, the garden enjoys a temperate climate, with an average rainfall of 140 cm. Further, the flower show which is conducted here as a part of the Ooty Summer festival is a major attraction. It attracts more than thousands of tourists from all over the country. Therefore, the best time to visit Botanical Garden is from March to June. Thus, it is one of the amazing places to visit in Ooty.
3. Ooty Toy Train
- The Nilgiri Mountain Railway (NMR) is a meter gauge railway in the state of Tamil Nadu. And also it is the only rack railway in India. Built by the British in the year 1908. Local people and visitors led a campaign to return to steam locomotives in this section. Further, a journey in the toy train gives its passengers a lifetime experience as the ride offers you captivating landscapes, dense forests, a flowing river, and the sun shining beautifully over them. Apart from offering a beautiful journey, the uniqueness of the trip lies in the fact that the rail system is the steepest in Asia and worth a visit. Thus, it is one of the popular places to visit in Ooty.
4. Emerald Lake
- Emerald Lake is located near Emerald village in the Nilgiris district in the state of Tamil Nadu. Located in a region called the silent valley. It is recommended to watch the sunset from this lake because it is mesmerizing in every sense of the word. The lake is famous for a variety of fish in the lake and birds in the locale. Moreover, tourists usually flock there for the picturesque scenic beauty of the lake, the green Nilgiri slopes and tea plantations surrounding it. Hence, this lake is an important tourist and picnic spot in the region. Therefore, the best time to visit Emerald Lake is from February to June. Thus, it is one of the beautiful places to visit in Ooty.
5. Doddabetta Peak
- Doddabetta is the highest mountain in the Nilgiri Mountains in the state of Tamil Nadu. Set at an altitude of 2,637 meters above the sea level. There is a reserved forest area around the peak. And this peak is a favorite point for trekkers. Further, there is a telescope house with two telescopes at the peak, which offers you an opportunity to look at the valley around. More than thousands of tourists come to visit this place every year. Therefore, the best time to visit Dodabetta peak is from October to January. Thus, it is one of the most preferred places to visit in Ooty.