Places to visit in Himachal Pradesh
- Shimla is the capital of the state, Himachal Pradesh. It is set at an altitude of 2200m. And it is home to a number of buildings that are styled in the Tudorbethan and neo-Gothic architectures. Moreover, the colonial architecture and churches, the temples, and the natural environment of the city attract tourists. Apart from being a tourism center, this city is also an educational hub with a number of colleges and research institutions. Tourists can engage in sightseeing at various viewpoints during their trip to Shimla. Thus, the evergreen forests, rolling valleys, beautiful lakes, pleasant climate, and colonial ambiance make this one of the best places to visit in Himachal Pradesh.
- The best time to visit Shimla is from March to June.
- Manali is a tourist town in the Kullu district in the state of Himachal Pradesh. And it is a popular tourist destination in India. Moreover, it serves as the gateway to the Lahaul and Spiti district as well as the city of Leh in Ladakh. Manali has many trekking options around it, making it a great base for exploring this side of the Himalayas. Furthermore, it offers various adventure activities including skiing, paragliding, trekking, and horse-riding. Thus, Manali is one of the most attractive tourist spots not only in Himachal Pradesh but also in the world.
- The best time to visit Manali is from October to February.
- Khajjiar is a hill station in the Chamba district of the state, Himachal Pradesh. And, set at an altitude of 2,000 meters above sea level. However, it is also called the mini-Switzerland of India. Khajjiar is incomplete without its lake, known as Khajjiar Lake. This lake isis amongst the most popular tourist sites in the state. This place is surrounded by green meadows and dense forests and it is also known for its beautiful temples. Thus, it is one of the most beautiful destinations to visit in Himachal Pradesh.
- The best time to visit Khajjiar is from October to March.
- Dalhousie is located in the Chamba District of the state, Himachal Pradesh. And set at an altitude of 1970 meters above sea level. It is one of the mesmerizing places to visit in India. Dalhousie offers an old-world charm, mesmerizing natural landscapes, pine-clad valleys, and magnificent misty mountains. It is also famous for various adventurous activities like Paragliding, Zorbing, and trekking. This stunning hill station is ideal for family vacations and even foreign tourists prefer to visit this beautiful location. The Scottish and Victorian-era architecture of churches reminds you of its colonial heritage. Thus, it is one of the amazing places to visit in Himachal Pradesh.
- The best time to visit Dalhousie is from March to June.
- Kaza is the capital and regional headquarters of Spiti valley in the Lahaul and Spiti district of Himachal Pradesh. With majestic mountains covered in snow, meandering and beautiful rivers and streams and a picturesque landscape with scattered patches of green make Kaza a dream destination. The various places of attractions are Key Monastery, Kunzum Pass, Chandratal Lake, Komic Village, Dhankar Lake. Hence, it is one of the most popular places to visit in Himachal Pradesh.
- The best time to visit Kaza is from May to October.