Places to visit in Shimla
1. The Ridge
- The Ridge road is located in the center of Shimla city in the state of Himachal Pradesh. It is the hub of all cultural activities of Shimla. Further, the road is lined with cafes, boutiques, shops, and restaurants attracting the huge crowd that visit the famous Mall Road. And the point where Mall Road meets the Ridge on the west side is called Scandal Point. The various places of attractions are Mall Road, Kali Bari, Jakhu Temple, Oakover Annadale, etc. The best time to visit the Ridge is from April to August and from November to January. Thus, it is one of the Best Places to visit in Shimla.
2. Green Valley
- Green Valley is located at a distance of only 7 km from Kufri in the state of Himachal Pradesh. And also known as the Hassan Valley. It offers most beautiful views and is surrounded by snow-covered mountains, dense green forests of pine and deodar, the valley is carpeted in greenery. More than hundreds of tourists visit this place every year. Therefore, the best time to visit Green Valley is from July to October. Thus, it is one of the most beautiful places in Shimla.
3. The Mall Road
- Mall Road is located in Shimla city in the state of Himachal Pradesh. It is a major source of entertainment for tourists of all ages and has become commonplace for locals to hang out in the evening. The Mall Road has a wide number of shops, department stores, showrooms, restaurants, eateries, food stalls, and cafes. However, you can shop for a variety of items here. Further, the various places of attractions are Town Hall, Kali Bari Temple, Scandal Point, and Gaiety Theatre. The best time to visit Mall Road is in the month of October. Thus, it is one of the most popular tourist attractions in Shimla.
4. Jakhoo Hill and Temple
- Jakhoo Temple is located in Jakhu Hill in the state of Himachal Pradesh. And the Jakhu Hills is the highest peak in Shimla. It is an ancient temple in Shimla, dedicated to the Hindu deity Lord Hanuman. Further, Shri Hanuman Jakhu is a statue situated in the temple premises which is one of the tallest in the world, which is visible from most parts of Shimla. The temple is accessible by foot, horse, taxi, or ropeway. The best time to visit the Jakhoo Hill and Temple is from March and June. Thus, Jakhoo Hill is a perfect spot for a peaceful break from the bustling Shimla’s downtown.
5. Christ Church
- Christ Church is located in Shimla city in the state of Himachal Pradesh. It is the second oldest church in North India, after St John’s Church in Meerut. Built in the neo-Gothic style in the year 1857. And also has become a popular sightseeing place in Shimla. Further, the church looks majestic during the day and it turns into an enchanting sight at night. Moreover, it houses the largest pipe organ in India. This monument is perfect for the people who want to get a taste of religious Christianity from colonial times. Thus, Christ Church is one of the Amazing Places to visit in Shimla.