Places to visit in North India
- Agra is a city on the banks of the Yamuna river in the state of Uttar Pradesh. It was the capital of the Mughal Empire under Mughal emperors Babur, Humayun, Akbar, Jahangir, and Shah Jahan. Agra is a popular tourist destination as it is home to one of the 7 wonders of the world, the Taj Mahal. Also home to two more UNESCO World Heritage Sites – Agra Fort and Fatehpur Sikri. Apart from its monuments, it also has some exciting food varieties for the tourists. It is included on the Golden Triangle tourist circuit, along with Delhi and Jaipur. Hence, it is one of the Best Tourist Places in Uttar Pradesh.
- Shimla is located in the state, Himachal Pradesh. Set at an altitude of 2200 meters. The colonial architecture and churches, the temples, and the natural environment of the city attract tourists. Home to a number of buildings that are styled in the Tudorbethan and neo-Gothic architectures. Thus, the evergreen forests, rolling valleys, beautiful lakes, pleasant climate, and colonial ambiance make this one of the best places to visit in Himachal Pradesh. Therefore the best time to visit Shimla is March to June.
- Manali is a tourist town in the Kullu district of Himachal Pradesh. And serves as the gateway to the Lahaul and Spiti district as well as the city of Leh in Ladakh. It has many trekking options around it, making it a great base for exploring this side of the Himalayas. Tourists can engage in various adventure activities including skiing, paragliding, trekking, and horse-riding. Thus, Manali attracts tourists from all over the world. Therefore, the best time to visit Manali is from October to February.
- Varanasi is a city on the banks of the river Ganges in the state of Uttar Pradesh. Also known as Kashi or Benares or Banaras. It is the holiest of the seven sacred cities in Hinduism and Jainism. Varanasi has been a cultural center of northern India for several thousand years. The famous Kashi Vishwanath Temple is the most visited and the oldest of the others. The ceremony of immense grandeur and spiritual enlightenment, the Ganga Aarti is a must-experience when in Varanasi. Further, it is also famous for its muslin and silk fabrics, perfumes, ivory works, and sculpture. Thus, it is one of the Best Tourist Places to visit in North India.
- Ladakh is a union territory in the Kashmir region of India. Also known as the world’s coldest desert. It is an adventure playground for climbing, jeeps tours, rafting, and high-altitude trekking. Apart from this, it is also a land that is popular for its rich heritage and culture. Further, Ladakh is a great tourist attraction because of its misty hills, valleys, beautiful monasteries, picturesque locations, and interesting markets. Some of the best places to visit near Ladakh are Pangong Tso, Hemis National Park, Khardung La, Tso Moriri, Zanskar Valley, Changla Pass, Thiksey Monastery, Dras War Memorial, and Nubra Valley. Therefore, the Best months to visit Ladakh are April, June, or September.
- Srinagar is located in Jammu and Kashmir, India. Also known as ‘Heaven on Earth‘. Set at an altitude of 1,730 m above sea level. The city is famous for its natural surroundings, gardens, waterfronts, and houseboats. It offers breathtaking views and mesmerizing locations for tourists. You can also enjoy various adventurous activities like hiking, mountain biking, and rafting. The other place of attractions is Mughal Gardens, Hari Parbat Fort, Pari Mahal, Tulip Gardens, Hazratbal Shrine, Kheer Bhawani Temple, and Shankaracharya Temple. Srinagar is also famous for the Kashmiri shawls, Kashmiri apples, and dried fruits from the Lal Chowk Market. Therefore, the best time to visit Srinagar is from April to October.
- Jaipur is the capital of the state, Rajasthan. And also, known as the Pink City, due to the dominant color scheme of its buildings. Moreover, Jaipur holds the distinction of being the first planned city of India. Thus, it is always a good and best choice for a tourist destination. The places of attractions here are Ram Niwas Garden, City Palace, Amber Fort, Albert Hall Museum, Jantar Mantar, Hawa Mahal. Therefore, the Best Time to Visit Jaipur is from November to January.
- Mussoorie is a hill station in the Dehradun district of the state of Uttarakhand. Also known as Queen of the Hills. Set at an altitude of 2,000 m above sea level. It offers scenic views of Himalayas peaks in Western Garhwal. Further, Mussoorie offers various adventure activities for tourists like trekking, angling, zip-lining, and paragliding. The various places of attraction are Lal Tibba, Kempty Falls, Camel Back Road, Gun Hill, Soham Heritage Art Centre, Lake Mist. Therefore, the Best time to visit Mussoorie is from May to June. Thus, it is a popular holiday destination among people in India.
- Rishikesh is a city located in the Dehradun district of the state Uttarakhand. Also known as the “Gateway to the Garhwal Himalayas” and “Yoga Capital of the World“. The city offers a picturesque view of the surrounding mountains, stunning riverside promenades, beautiful lakes, misty forests, and clear blue skies. Tourists can indulge in various adventure activities like trekking, rock climbing, bungee jumping, mountain biking, rafting, etc. The other places of attraction here are Triveni Ghat, Neer Garh Waterfall, Lakshman Jhula Bridge, and Kunjapuri Devi Temple. Thus, it is one of the major tourist and pilgrimage hubs in northern India. Therefore, the best time to visit Rishikesh is from February to May.
- Jodhpur is located in the state of Rajasthan. Popularly known as the Blue City. The famous Mehrangarh Fort holds the pride of place in Jodhpur because of its splendid architecture. It covers an area of 1,200 acres and was constructed in the year 1459 by Rajput ruler Rao Jodha. There are seven gates, which can be used to enter the Mehrangarh fort. Furthermore, these 7 gates are made by different rulers. Jodhpur is called the Gateway to Thar, as it is on the edge of the Thar desert. And there are several palaces in Jodhpur which are known for their intricate carvings, expansive courtyards, and also a museum housing various relics. Therefore, the Best time to visit Jodhpur is from October to April. Thus, Jodhpur is one of the most enchanting cities of Rajasthan.