Tourist Places in Karaikudi
1. Chettinad Palace
- Kanadukathan Palace is located at Kanadukathan in Karaikkudi taluk in the state of Tamilnadu. Also known as “Chettinad Palace”. It is the landmark of this small village. The foundation of Kanadukathan Palace was laid down by Raja Sir Annamalai Chettiar, a Native Zamindar of Chettinad. And it dates back to the 1900s. The entire mansion took around 10 years to finish. Built with high-quality Italian marble, Burma teak, stained glass, and a fusion of color – ornate wrought iron and woodworks with handmade Athangudi tiles. The scenic beauty and peaceful surroundings of the place make it a favorite among photographers and tourists. Further, the majestic Chettinad Palace is a beautiful example of indigenous Chettinad architecture. Therefore, the best time to visit the Chettinad Palace is from December to February. Thus, it is one of the Best Tourist Places in Karaikudi.
2. Chettinad Heritage Museum
- Chettinad Heritage Museum is located in Karaikkudi taluk in the state of Tamilnadu. It is a heritage home. The museum is full of traditional gold jewelry, heavy clothes, utensils, metal cutlery, huge copper water vats, and various other items that reflect how the people in Chettinad Museum go about their daily routines in those times. However, it is open to visitors, to show them the unique Chettinad style of living. Further, more than a hundred visitors come here to visit it every year. Therefore, the best time to visit the Chettinad Heritage Museum is from October to March. Thus, it is one of the most important places to visit in Karaikudi.
3. Chettinadu Mansion
- Chettinadu Mansion is located in Kanadukathan at Karaikkudi taluk in the state of Tamilnadu. This heritage resort age is over 100 years old and has been open to the public for some years now. It is very well maintained. The old-age charm of the architecture is still intact. Built over an area of 80000 square feet with a two-story structure and designed in traditional Chettinad architecture. Moreover, there are about 12 rooms which are rented out to tourists who wish to stay in the mansion. The tourists are treated well and offer them complete privacy, comfortable stay and serve delicious Chettinad Cuisine to all their guests. However, the mansion rooms, decorated with traditional Chettinad architecture that draws architecture enthusiasts from all over the world. They also have ample windows to allow cross ventilation. The little museum inside the mansion displays most of these ancient artifacts. Therefore, the best time to visit the Chettinad Mansion is from October to February. Thus, it is one of the amazing places to visit in Karaikudi.
4. Vairavanpatti Temple
- Vairavanpatti Temple is located in the Vairavanpatti in the Sivagangai district of Tamil Nadu. Also called Vadukanthapuram or Vairavanswamy Temple. Built in the 19th century in the Dravidian style of architecture and, dedicated to Lord Shiva. Also, the Vairavanpatti temple has numerous tales attached to it. This temple is one of the 9 temples of Nagarathar. The interior of the temple has the most beautiful painting of the Mahabharata and Ramayana. Further, the key attraction of the temple is the Seven Note Pillar Mandapam. There is a Koneru named Vairava Theertham. You can also see beautiful carvings, paintings, and sculptures in the entire temple. Therefore the best time to visit the Vairavanpatti Temple is from September to March. Thus, it is one of the beautiful temples to visit near Karaikudi.
5. Pillaiyarpatti Temple
- Pillaiyarpatti Pillaiyar Temple is located in Pillayarpatti village in Sivaganga district in the state of Tamil Nadu. Also called as Karpaka Vinayaka Temple. The six feet presiding deity called, Karpaga Vinayagar. However, one of the oldest cave temples (Rock cut) in Tamilnadu. The temple architecture is a beautiful spectacle to gaze at with towering gopurams, raja gopuram, lovely bas-relief shrines, ornate carvings in an excavated cave, and a fantastically designed temple complex. It offers an enchanting view of the temple and its surroundings. Further, the temple premises estimate the age of the temple to be about 1600 years old. More than hundreds of devotees come here to visit it. Therefore, the best time to visit the Pillaiyarpatti is from September to February. Thus, it is one of the best tourist places to visit near Karaikudi.