Tourist Places in Valparai
1. Solaiyar Dam
- The Solaiyar Dam is located in the Anaimalai Hills of the Coimbatore district in the state of Tamil Nadu. Constructed by a team working under K. Gopalswamy Mudhaliar, the most popular engineer in that area. It is part of the Solaiyar Hydroelectric Project (HEP). The project comprises the main Soliayar Dam, the Solaiyar Flanking, and the Solaiyar Saddle Dam. The beauty of nature and picturesque scenic surrounding attracts a lot of people to come here. This place is famous among nature photographers. The Solaiyar Dam stores gallons of water. Further, this man-made wonder is the second deepest dam in Asia. The best time to visit the Sholayar Dam is from June to September. Thus, it is one of the most beautiful places to visit in Valparai.
2. Nirar Dam
- Nirar Dam is located in the Coimbatore district in the state of Tamil Nadu. It is a small dam built across the Nirar River. Constructed mainly for irrigation purposes and to provide hydroelectricity to the area. The most thrilling part of this dam is that it crosses the long tunnel that connects the Nirar Dam with the famous Solaiyar Dam. It also plays an important role in supplying water to places in Tamil Nadu and Kerala. Further, Nirar Dam along with Sholayar Dam and Aliyar Dam are the three most important dams that are located in and around Valparai. The best time to visit Nirar dam is from September to March. Thus, it is one of the most interesting places to see in Valparai.
3. Monkey Falls
- Monkey Falls is located on the road connecting Pollachi and Valparai in the Anaimalai Hills in Coimbatore district, Tamilnadu. Surrounded by evergreen forests and rocky cliffs, the alluring waterfall brings together the entire beautiful scenery. It is a great place for trips with your friends and family for a picturesque picnic. The water flows acrosses the rocks joyfully and dives into a pool of water. Further, at Monkey Falls we can hear the voice of the waterfall blends with the humming of monkeys jumping from tree to tree. The best time to visit the Monkey waterfalls is from October to March. Thus, it is one of the Best Tourist Places in Valparai.
4. Indira Gandhi Wildlife Sanctuary and National Park
- Anaimalai Tiger Reserve, earlier known as Indira Gandhi Wildlife Sanctuary and National Park is located in the Annamalai hill range of the Western Ghats in the state of Tamil Nadu. Home to rare and unique species like lion-tailed macaques, flying squirrels, pangolins, elephants, the Great Hornbill, and a variety of birds. There are over 250 species of rare birds in the sanctuary which are kept in a highly protected and safe environment. The wildlife sanctuary spreads an area of a total of more than 950 square kilometers. However, this place is famous among nature lovers and photographers. Therefore, the best time to visit the Indira Gandhi Wildlife Sanctuary and National Park is from December to February. Thus, it is one of the must-visit places near Valparai.
5. Chinna Kallar Falls
- Chinnakallar Falls is located in the Valparai in Coimbatore district in the state of Tamil Nadu. A narrow trail among rugged bushes leads us to the waterfalls. This place is famous for trekking. Further, the area where this waterfall is located is the third-highest rainfall receiving a place in India after Mawsynram and Cherrapunji. And hence, this region is also known as the “Cherrapunji of South India”. Also, it is also quite dangerous at times, because it is a natural habitat of wild elephants which you may see on your way to the waterfalls. The best time to visit the Chinna kallar Falls is from September to March. Thus, it is one of the most important places to visit in Valparai.