Places to visit in Uttar Pradesh
- Agra is a city on the banks of the Yamuna river in the state of Uttar Pradesh. It was the foremost city of the Indian subcontinent and the capital of the Mughal Empire under Mughal emperors Babur, Humayun, Akbar, Jahangir, and Shah Jahan. Agra is a popular tourist destination as it is home to one of the 7 wonders of the world, the Taj Mahal. Also home to two more UNESCO World Heritage Sites – Agra Fort and Fatehpur Sikri. Apart from its monuments, it also has some exciting food varieties for the tourists. It is as famous for its Petha as it is for the Taj Mahal. Further, Agra is included on the Golden Triangle tourist circuit, along with Delhi and Jaipur. And also a part of the Uttar Pradesh Heritage Arc along with Lucknow and Varanasi. Thus, it is one of the Best Places to visit in Uttar Pradesh.
2. Fatehpur Sikri
- Fatehpur Sikri is located in the Agra District of the state, Uttar Pradesh. Also known as the pride of the Mughal Empire. Founded in the 1571 century by Mughal Emperor Akbar. A unique blend of Indo-Islamic architectural excellence and religious beliefs adorns Fatehpur Sikri. Moreover, it is essentially a fortified city and had been the capital of the Empire for fifteen years. Further, the other places of attraction are Panch Mahal, Johbhai Palace, Diwan-i-Khas, Buland Darwaza, Lotus Throne, and Khwabgah. Therefore, the best time to visit Fatehpur Sikri is from October to March. Thus, it is one of the famous tourist attractions of Uttar Pradesh.
- Varanasi also known as Kashi or Benares or Banaras is a city on the banks of the river Ganges in Uttar Pradesh. It is the holiest of the seven sacred cities in Hinduism and Jainism. Further, it grew as an important industrial center famous for its muslin and silk fabrics, perfumes, ivory works, and sculpture. Varanasi has been a cultural center of northern India for several thousand years. Therefore, the famous Kashi Vishwanath Temple is the most visited and the oldest of the others. The ceremony of immense grandeur and spiritual enlightenment, the Ganga Aarti is a must-experience when in Varanasi. Thus, Varanasi is a major religious hub to visit in India.
- Mathura is located in the state of Uttar Pradesh. In the olden days, Mathura was an economic hub, located at the junction of important caravan routes. It is a small town dotted with temples of various ages and attracts pilgrims from all over the world. Further, in Hinduism, it is the birthplace of Krishna, which is located at the Krishna Janmasthan Temple Complex. The Dwarkadheesh Temple and the Gita Mandir are the most important temples in town. Similar to the Ganga Aarti in Varanasi, the Yamuna Aarti is one of the highlights of Mathura. The very popular local street food items Jalebis and gulab-jamuns are available at all shops. Thus, it is one of the amazing places to visit in Uttar Pradesh.
- Lucknow is the capital city of the state of Uttar Pradesh. It is one of the major cultural hubs of the country. Also famously known as the City of Nawabs. Its rich heritage and the beauty of Islamic architecture attracts tourists from all corners of the world. Further, Rumi Darwaza built in the center of the capital divides Lucknow into ‘Old Lucknow’ which is ancient, and the ‘New Lucknow’ which is urban. Further, the various places of attraction are Bara Imambara, Lucknow Zoo, Dr. Ambedkar Park, British Residency, Chhota Imambara, Lucknow Museum, Rumi Darwaza, Chattar Manzil, and Begum Hazrat Mahal Park. Thus, it is one of the beautiful places to visit in Uttar Pradesh.