West Bengal Travel
Mandarmani is a seaside resort village in the East Midnapore district state of West Bengal, India. It is one of the largest seaside resorts in West Bengal. The road trip from Kolkata to Mandarmani takes approximately 4 hours to reach. The highway roads are well maintained except for certain stretches. Hence, Mandarmani is a tranquil place with serene beaches. Thus, it is one of the Best Road Trips To Take in West Bengal.
- Distance: 169 km from Kolkata
- Best time to visit: October to February
- Places of attraction: Mandarmani Beach, Chandaneswar Shiv Temple, Aquarium & Regional Centre, Amarabati Park, and Marine.
Darjeeling is a town in the state of West Bengal. It is located in the Himalayan foothills. Further, Mt. Kanchenjunga is its backdrop. You can spend a number of days here and each day will mesmerize you. Darjeeling has always been a favorite hill station for not only the people in Kolkata but also all over the Country. Further, you can also enjoy various adventure activities like trekking, beautiful sunrises, explore lush forests, admire wildlife, and so on. Thus, it is one of the Beautiful Places to visit in West Bengal.
- Distance: 618km from Kolkata
- Best time to visit: April to June
- Places of attraction: Darjeeling Himalayan Railway, Batasia Loop, Darjeeling Ropeway, Himalayan Mountaineering, and Tiger Hill.
Kurseong is a town in the Darjeeling district of the state of West Bengal. It is one of the most beautiful hill stations in West Bengal. Offers a soothing climate and memorable views almost throughout the year. This city is perfect for those who wish to connect with nature. Also, the misty weather, rolling tea gardens, unique museums and quaint heritage of this hill station will delightful up your vacation. Thus, it is one of the Popular Road Trip Places in West Bengal.
- Distance: 587 km from Kolkata
- Best time to visit: September to December
- Places of attraction: Makaibari Tea Estate, Eagle’s Craig, Ambootia Tea Estate, Ambotia Shiva Mandir, St. Andrew’s Church, St. Paul’s Church, and Forest Museum.
Digha is a coastal resort town in the state of West Bengal. This town has always been a favorite for beach lovers when it comes to road trips. The beaches in this town witness many tourists. Further, the beautiful sunrises and sunsets will mesmerize you. Further, you can also engage in various exciting water sports like snorkeling, skiing, parasailing, and zorbing. Thus, Digha is one of the must visit places in West Bengal.
- Distance: 185 km from Kolkata
- Best time to visit: March to October
- Places of attraction: New Digha Beach, Old Digha Beach, Udaipur Beach, Shankarpur Beach, Talsari Beach, Chandpur Beach, Chandaneswar Temple, and Marine Aquarium.
Sundarbans is a mangrove area in the delta formed by the confluence of the Ganges, Brahmaputra, and Meghna Rivers in the Bay of Bengal. Undoubtedly, it is of the best places to visit in West Bengal. Spreads across 10,000 square kilometers. Moreover, this is the only mangrove forest in the world, where Royal Bengal Tiger can be spotted. Also, you might catch a glimpse of animals like jungle cats, leopard cats, wild boars, foxes, deer, and the Indian grey mongoose. Thus, a road trip to Sunderbans is a lifetime experience to cherish.
- Distance: 109km from Kolkata
- Best time to visit: September to March
- Places of attraction: Sundarban National Park, Bhagabatpur Crocodile Project, Sudhanyakhali Watch Tower, Kanak, Netidhopani, and Sajnekhali Watch Tower.