West Bengal Tourism
Tourist Places in West Bengal
- Kolkata is located on the eastern bank of the Hooghly River and the capital of the state of West Bengal. Previously called Calcutta. It is a primary business, commercial, and financial hub of Eastern India and also the main port of communication for North-East India.
- This city is soaked with layers and layers of heritage and culture. Also known for its beautiful architecture, historical significance, and literary landscape. Hence, regarded as the Cultural Capital of India.
- Further, Kolkata is also famous for its street food all across the country and lined with various food stalls at every corner of the city. The various places of attractions are Victoria Memorial Hall, Howrah Bridge, Eco-Tourism Park, Mother House, and Dakshineswar Kali Temple. Thus, it is one of the Best Tourist Places in West Bengal.
- Sundarbans is a mangrove area in the delta formed by the confluence of the Ganges, Brahmaputra, and Meghna Rivers in the Bay of Bengal. Covers over an area of 40,000 square kilometers. It is a UNESCO world heritage site with a large variety of flora and fauna. Moreover, this forest has the largest number of Sundari trees.
- Further, you might catch a glimpse of the Royal Bengal Tiger, jungle cats, leopard cats, wild boars, giant lizards, foxes, deers, and the Indian grey mongoose.
- The various places of attraction are Sundarban National Park, Bhagabatpur Crocodile Project, Sudhanyakhali Watch Tower, Kanak, Netidhopani, Sajnekhali Watch Tower. Thus, it is one of the Amazing Places to visit in India.
- Darjeeling is a town in the state of West Bengal. Located in the foothills of the Himalayas and set at a height of 2,050 meters above sea level. Further, Mt. Kanchenjunga is its backdrop. You can also enjoy trekking, beautiful sunrises, explore lush forests, admire wildlife, and so on.
- Therefore, the best time to visit Darjeeling is from April to June. And the Darjeeling Himalayan Railway, Batasia Loop, Darjeeling Ropeway, Himalayan Mountaineering, Tiger Hill are some of the famous places of attractions here.
- Thus, Darjeeling is one of the most beautiful hill stations in the State of India.
- Kalimpong is a town in the state of West Bengal. Located at an average height of 1,250 metres. Formerly known as Dalingkot. It is a virgin hill station, renowned for its panoramic valley views, Buddhist monasteries and churches and handicrafts etc.
- This hill station is often covered by fog in between monsoon and winter. So, the best time to visit Kalimpong is from March to May . People enjoy this pleasing climate during sightseeing.
- The various places of attraction are Deolo Hill, Durpin Dara Hill, Dr Graham’s Home, Pine View Nursery, Cactus Nursery, Galingka, and Morgan House. Thus, it is one of the Popular Places to visit in West Bengal.
- Kurseong is a town in the Darjeeling district of the state of West Bengal. The misty weather, rolling tea gardens, unique museums and quaint heritage of this hill station will delightful up your vacation.
- Also known as the ‘Land of White Orchids‘ because the White orchids grow in abundance in this area.
- The various places of attraction are Makaibari Tea Estate, Eagle’s Craig, Ambootia Tea Estate, Ambotia Shiva Mandir, St. Andrew’s Church, St. Paul’s Church, and Forest Museum. This place enjoys pleasant weather most times of the year. Therefore, it is one of the most beautiful hill stations in West Bengal.