Best Short Road Trips from Hyderabad
Badami (known as Vatapi ) is a town in the Bagalkot district in the state of Karnataka. It is a historical place. And also famous for its rock-cut structural temples. However, it might be a little long but the enchanting surroundings throughout would totally make it worth it. Therefore, the drive to Badami is one of the most beautiful road trips from Hyderabad. Further, Badami occupies an important place in the heritage history of Karnataka. Thus, it is one of the Best Short Road Trips from Hyderabad.
- The best time to visit Badami is between October and April.
- Distance: 420 km
- Places to visit: Cave Temples, Bhutanatha Temples, Badami Fort, and Agastya Lake.
2. Nagarjuna Sagar
Nagarjuna Sagar is a beautiful region in the Nalgonda district in the state of Telangana. And also, one of the amazing civil engineering marvels. Further, it is popular for Nagarjuna Sagar Dam which is considered to be the largest stone masonry dam in the world. It is famous for its green surroundings and beautiful waterfalls. Thus, this is one of the best road trips to take in Andhra Pradesh.
- The best time to visit Nagarjuna Sagar is from October to March.
- Distance: 153 km
- Places to visit: Ethipothala Waterfall, Nagarjunasagar Dam, Wildlife Sanctuary, Macherla, Museum, and Nagarjunakonda.
3. Maredumilli and Rampachodavaram
- The best time to visit Maredumilli and Rampachodavaram is between November and December.
- Distance: 432 km
- Places to visit: Amruthadhara Falls, Gudisa Hill Station, Jalatarangini Waterfalls, Polluru Waterfalls, and Manyam Viewpoint.
4. Ananthagiri Hills
Ananthagiri Hills is located in Vikarabad district in the state of Telangana. The view of the hills covered with coffee plantations is fantastic. And also, it is one of the dense forests in Telangana. However, Ananthagiri Temple is located in this forested area. Therefore, the location offers some of the best trekking routes and thus making it a trekking paradise. The main tourist attraction here is the Anantha Padmanabha Swamy Temple because it attracts many devotees year on year. Thus, it is one of the interesting places to visit near Hyderabad.
- The best time to visit Ananthagiri Hills is from October to March.
- Distance: 81 km from Hyderabad
- Places to visit: The Borra Hills and Caves, Araku Tribal Museum, Musi River, Padmapuram Gardens, Dolphin’s Nose, Tyda Park, and Lord Anantha Padmanabha Temple.
Kurnool is a city located in the state of Andhra Pradesh, India. And also, this city is often referred to as “The Gateway of Rayalaseema“. The town of Kurnool is famous for its mighty caves, temples, and for being a historical hub of India. More than thousands of travelers to come to this place every year. Further, the rivers Neeva and Handri flowing through Kurnool make it one of the most picturesque road trips from Hyderabad.
- The best time to visit Kurnool is from December to March.
- Distance: 231 km from Hyderabad
- Places to visit: Belum Caves, Ahobilam Temple, Yaganti Temple, Mahanandi Temple, Sakshi Ganapati Temple, Rollapadu Wildlife Sanctuary, and Konda Reddy Fort.