Road Trips from Bangalore
Bheemeshwari is a short-distance hideaway in the Mandya district in the state of Karnataka. And also sometimes called as the “Angler’s paradise“. Bheemeshwari is blessed with beautiful flora and fauna. Hence, it creates most picturesque views of the surrounding. Therefore, it is also mainly popular for the adventure activities like fishing, camping and trekking. It includes gorges, waterfalls, rapids, and dense forests. Thus, it is one of the Best Road Trips from Bangalore.
- The best time to visit Bheemeshwari is from November to February.
- Distance: 100km from Bengaluru
- Places to visit: Cauvery Fishing Camp, Doddamakali Nature Camp, Boat Rides, Kokrebellur, Galibore Fishing Camp, trekking, and Sangam.
2. Hogenakkal Falls
Hogenakkal Falls is a waterfall located on Tamil Nadu – Karnataka border. And also, called as “Niagra Falls of India”. However, winter season is the ideal time to visit Hogenakkal. More than thousands of travelers come to this place every year. Further, it is popular among nature lovers, adventure seekers, trekkers and shutterbugs. The Kaveri River splits into multiple streams and falls through multiple steps, making the sight more mesmerising. Therefore, the best route to take would be Bangalore- Hosur- Dharmapuri- Hogenakkal. Thus, it is one of the most visited places near Bangalore.
- The best time to visit Hogenakkal is from October to February (winter).
- Distance: 140 Km from Bengaluru
- Places to visit: Kaveri River, Melagiri Hills, Mettur Dam, Boating, Theerthamalai Temple, and Pennagram Village.
Skandagiri is a beautiful hill town, located near Bangalore city in the state of Karnataka. The peak is set at an altitude of about 1450 meters above the sea level. Further, at the top of the hill, the display of natural beauty will be an enchantment to cherish. Further, Skandagiri is famous for trekking and sightseeing. Besides, it is also known as “Kalavara Durga“, is an ancient mountain fortress. There are regular buses that play from Bangalore to Skandagiri. Thus, it is one of the beautiful places to visit in Karnataka.
- The best time to visit Skandagiri is from November to March.
- Distance: 63km from Bengaluru
- Places to visit: Papagni Matt, Shiva temple, Tipu Sultan Fort, and Bhoga Nandishwara Temple
4. Nandi Hills
Nandi Hills is a hill fortress in the state of Karnataka. Then it is a popular destination for biking because it has twisting, narrow roads that make your journey adventurous. And Nandi hills is also a good place for hiking and bird watching. Even though Nandi hills is well-known for its viewpoints and greenery, and also popular for its historical fortress. However, along with the local tourists, people from all over the world come here to watch the beautiful sunrise and sunset views from the hills. Thus, it is one of the popular tourist destinations in Karnataka..
- The best time to visit Nandi hills is from October to February.
- Distance: 61 km from Bengaluru
- Places to visit: Bhoga Nandeeswara Temple, Tipu Sultan’s Fort, Yoga Nandeeshwara Temple, Brahmashram, Paragliding, and Muddenahalli.
5. Shivanasamudra waterfall
- The best time to visit Shivanasamudra waterfall is from September to January.
- Distance: 133km from Bengaluru
- Places to visit: Kokkare Bellur, Shimsha Valley, Mekedatu, Talakad, Doddamakali, and Cauvery Wildlife Sanctuary.