Places to Visit in Chennai
1. Marina Beach
- Marina Beach is a natural urban beach, located in Chennai city in the state of Tamil Nadu. It is one of the iconic places in Chennai. The beach runs over a distance of 6.0 km from near Fort St. George in the north to Foreshore Estate in the south. Further, Marina Beach is one of the longest in the world. And also, it is the most crowded beach in India with almost 30,000 visitors a day. You could take a walk along the Marina beach and enjoy the cool evening sea breeze. Also, it is a renowned beach because the memorial of the chief ministers M.G.Ramachandran, C.N. Annadurai, Kalaingar M.Karunanidhi and Amma J.Jayalalitha. The, this place is also famous among swimmers. Thus, it is one of the most popular places to visit in Chennai.
2. Elliot's beach
- Elliot’s beach is located in Besant Nagar in Chennai. It is one of the cleanest beaches in India. And also called as Besant Nagar Beach. Further, the beach has the Velankanni Church and the Ashtalakshmi Kovil in the vicinity. It forms the end-point of the famous Marina Beach. However, Elliot’s beach is named after Edward Elliot (the Chief Magistrate, Superintendent of Madras during the British Era). More than hundreds of people visit this beach every day. Also, sunbathe, relax and unwind, keeping the stress at bay at this extremely calm and scenic place. Thus, it is a must visit place in Chennai.
3.Guindy National Park and Snake Park
- Guindy National Park and Snack Park is located in the Chennai city. This park is located in the heart of the city. Also in 1995, it has gained the statutory recognition as a medium zoo. Guindy National Park has many birds, animals, and reptiles as its residents. And also the visitors can treat their eyes with the presence of blackbucks, spotted deer, jackals, tortoise, etc. Guindy is India’s eighth-smallest national park and one of the very few national parks located inside a city. And also it has an intriguing snake park with cobras, pythons, and various other snake species. Further, Guindy National Park is a good place for picnic with your family, make sure you bring your kids here too. Thus, it is one of the Places to Visit in Chennai.
4. Arignar Anna Zoological Park
- Arignar Anna Zoological Park is a zoological garden located in Vandalur, Chennai in the state of Tamil Nadu. And also called as the Vandalur Zoo. Spreads over an area of 1260 acres and boasts 138 species. Further, Vandalur zoo was stablished in the year 1885 and also it is the oldest public zoo in India. Home to a variety of animals such as Himalayan brown bear, lion, tiger, elephant and Indian civit cat. And also has a reptile house. Moreover, it is consider as the second wildlife sanctuary in Tamil Nadu after Mudumalai National Park. While visiting this park children will love the experience of watching wildlife in close proximity. Thus, it is one of the amazing places to visit in Chennai.
5. Valluvar kottam
- Valluvar Kottam is located in Chennai in the state of Tamil Nadu. It is an auditorium, with a gigantic capacity to hold 4,000 people. Built-in remembrance of the poet-saint Tiruvalluvar. However, Valluvar Kottam is consider to be the largest in Asia. And also popularly known for its great architecture and built with most beautiful and innovative layouts. Further, the magnificence of Valluvar Kottam can be the best experience early in the morning or when the sun is just setting. Thus, it is one of the most interesting places to visit in Chennai.