Places to visit in Udaipur
1. City Palace
- City Palace is a palace located in the city of Udaipur in the state of Rajasthan. Built over a period of nearly 400 years, with contributions from several rulers of the Mewar dynasty. The palace will wow travelers with its exquisite interiors consisting detailed mirror-work, unique paintings, antique furniture and marble work. Further, it was built in a fusion of the Rajasthani and Mughal architectural style. Therefore, the best time to visit City Palace is from October to March. Thus, it is one of the best sightseeing destinations in Udaipur.
2. Lake Pichola
- Lake Pichola is located in Udaipur city in the state of Rajasthan. It is an artificial freshwater lake, created in the year 1362 AD. Named after the nearby Picholi village. And also it is one of the several contiguous lakes, and developed over the last few centuries in and around the famous Udaipur city. A visit to the Lake Pichola is incomplete without a boat ride, especially in the dawn. Further, the lakes around Udaipur were primarily created by building dams to meet the drinking water and irrigation needs of the city and its neighborhood. The lake observes lakhs of tourists because of its tranquillity and beauty. Therefore, the best time to visit Lake Pichola is from September to March. Thus, it is one of the Best Places to visit in Udaipur.
3. Jagdish Temple
- Jagdish Temple is a large Hindu temple in the city of Udaipur in the state of Rajasthan. Originally called the temple of Jagannath Rai but, now called Jagdish-ji. It has been in continuous worship since 1651. There are 50 finely carved pillars, each on the first and the second floors of the three-storey temple. However, this temple is a big tourist attraction in Udaipur. Further, there are many other shrines dedicated to the Sun God, Lord Ganesha, Lord Shiva and Goddess Shakti. Therefore, the best time to visit Jagdish Temple is from October to March. Thus, it is a one of the major monument to visit in Udaipur.
4. Fateh Sagar Lake
- Fateh Sagar Lake is located in the city of Udaipur in the state of Rajasthan. It is an artificial lake named after Maharana Fateh Singh of Udaipur and Mewar. And also it is one of the four lakes of the Udaipur city. The blue waters of the lake and the backdrop of the green mountains has given the soubriquet “The Second Kashmir” to Udaipur. However, it is accessible only by boat, the islands play host to public parks and a solar observatory that is worth a see. This beautiful lake encircled by hills on all the three sides and offers a stunning view. More than hundreds of tourists come to this place every year. Therefore, the best time to visit Fateh Sagar Lake is from October to March. Thus, it is one of the beautiful places to visit in Udaipur.
5. Jaisamand Lake
- Jaisamand Lake is located on the southern side of Udaipur of the state, Rajasthan. It is the second-largest artificial lake in the country after Govind Ballabh Pant Sagar. The Lake is surrounded by the Jaisamand Wildlife Sanctuary. Also, animals and birds from around the world migrate to Jaisamand Lake to find a comfortable habitat. The mesmerizing lake boasts of an arresting palace on its northern side along sides a courtyard followed by the 12 pillared marquees offering a commanding view of the overlooking Jaisamand Lake with its pomp. Therefore, the best time to visit Jaisamand Lake is from June to August. Thus, it is one of the Amazing Places to visit in Udaipur.