Road Trip Places from Guwahati
Cherrapunji is located in the state of Meghalaya. And they call it one of the wettest places on Earth because Cherrapunji records the highest density of rainfall in its area throughout the year. Further, one of the famous tourist spots “Double Decker Living Root Bridge” is located in the thick tropical forest of Cherrapunji. This bridge is 3 kilometers long and placed at a height of 2400 feet. On this road trip, you can enjoy the beautiful scenery which includes meadowlands, cliffs, forests, misty hills and waterfalls too. Thus, it is one of the important places to visit in Meghalaya.
- Best time to visit: October and February
- Distance: 148 km from Guwahati
- Places to visit: Double Decker Living Root Bridge, Nohkalikai Falls, Mawsynram Village, Mawsmai Cave, and Seven Sisters Falls.
Kaziranga National Park is located in the state of Assam. It is a vast expanse of tall elephant grass, marshland, and dense tropical forests, crisscrossed by four major rivers and the park includes many small bodies of water. This sanctuary is home to two-thirds of the world’s great one-horned rhinoceroses and also a World Heritage Site. Moreover, it has wide variety of fauna including the one-horned rhino, Asiatic elephants, wild water buffalo, Royal Bengal Tigers etc. Furthermore, the highway is comfortably made out of 4 lanes and is spotted with many food hotels. Thus, it is one of the Popular Road Trip Destinations to take from Guwahati.
- Best time to visit: November to June
- Distance: 193 km from Guwahati
- Places to visit: Hoollongapar Gibbon Sanctuary,Orang National Park, Tea Gardens, and Kakochang Waterfall.
Bomdila is located in the northwestern part of Arunachal Pradesh. Set at a height of 2,530 m of height above sea level between the great Himalayas. The magnificent town remains untouched and a hidden treasure as the town sits on top of a hill because the town doesn’t attract regular crowds. Therefore, the beautiful landscapes, spectacular views of lush greenery, and the snow-covered Himalayas making the road trip a visual treat for the eyes. Thus, it is one of the amazing places to visit in Arunachal Pradesh.
- Best time to visit: August to February
- Distance: 269 km from Guwahati
- Places to visit: Bomdila Monastery, Eaglenest Wildlife Sanctuary, Apple Orchards, Bomdila View Point, and Tipi Orchid Reserve.
4. Jaintia Hills
Jaintia Hills is situated in the state capital of Meghalaya, Shillong. It is a land of majestic hills filled with rich minerals. Further, the Jaintia hills comprise of two districts: the East Jaintia Hills and West Jaintia Hills. One of the most beautiful waterfalls of India called the Krang Suri Falls is situated in Jaintia Hills. As with other parts of the northeast, these hills also receive heavy rainfalls during the monsoons. Tourists are really amused at the pristine lakes and lush greenery of the Jaintia Hills. Thus, it is one of the Beautiful Places to visit in Meghalaya.
- Best time to visit: March to June
- Distance: 177 km from Guwahati
- Places to visit: Dawki River, Nartiang Monoliths, Krang Suri Falls, Tyrshi Falls, and India-Bangladesh Friendship Gate.
Dawki is a town in West Jaintia Hills district in the state of Meghalaya. The Umngot River in Dawki is a fascination and is potentially India’s cleanest waterway. The drinking water is so clear that you can never find out its depth until you look very closely. The annual boat racing also occurs on this river during Springtime. Also, travelers love spending a day outing here, especially boating in the pretty surroundings. This marvelous road trip gives an amazingly exciting experience. Thus, it is one of the Best Road Trip Places from Guwahati.
- Best time to visit: June to March
- Distance: 178 km from Guwahati
- Places to visit: Jaflong Zero Point, Riwai, Umngot River, Burhill Waterfalls, Mawlynnong, and Shnongpdeng.