Jhansi is a historic city in the state of Uttar Pradesh. It lies in the region of Bundelkhand on the banks of the Pahuj River. Jhansi is the city where Rani Laxmi Bai lived and reigned. Further, it is also famous for its intricately designed colorful glass bangles. The best route to take is Lucknow – Kanpur – Jhansi. And the roads are excellent but it is extremely desolate. Thus, this road trip gives you unforgettable memories to cherish for lifetime.
- Best time to visit: November and March
- Distance: 315 km from Lucknow
- Places of attraction: Jhansi Fort, Government Museum Jhansi, St Jude’s Shrine, Parichha Dam, and Barua Sagar.
Lucknow is the capital city of the state of Uttar Pradesh. Also known as the City of Nawabs. Its rich heritage and the beauty of Islamic architecture attract tourists from all corners of the world. Moreover, travelers often plan Delhi to Lucknow by bike or car to witness the beauty of both the historic cities. It is one of the major cultural hubs of the country. On the way to Lucknow, you can visit the beautiful Taj Mahal, one of the 7 wonders of the world. Also, the roads are well maintained and clean. Thus, it is one of the Best Road Trips in Uttar Pradesh.
- Best time to visit: September to March
- Distance: 553 km from Delhi
- Places of attraction: Bara Imambara, Lucknow Zoo, Dr. Ambedkar Park, British Residency, Chhota Imambara, Lucknow Museum, Rumi Darwaza, Chattar Manzil, and Begum Hazrat Mahal Park.
Allahabad is located in the state of Uttar Pradesh. Officially known as Prayagraj and also known as Ilahabad. It is also a very important destination for the Hindus as three rivers, Ganga, Yamuna, and Saraswati meet here. Further, it also plays host to the largest gathering of pilgrims and holy men called the Kumbh Mela, which is held once every 12 years. From different places, more than thousands of visitors arrive in the city for this festival and it comes alive in all its colors. Hence, the best route to take is Lucknow- Raebareli- Allahabad. Thus, it is one of the Beautiful Places to visit in Uttar Pradesh.
- Best time to visit: October to March
- Distance: 202 km from Lucknow
- Places of attraction: Triveni Sangam, Museum, Khusro Bagh, Anand Bhawan, Allahabad Fort, and Allahabad Pillar.
Varanasi also known as Kashi or Benares or Banaras is a city on the banks of the river Ganges in Uttar Pradesh. It is a major religious hub in India. The famous Kashi Vishwanath Temple is the most visited and the oldest of the others. Further, the ceremony of immense grandeur and spiritual enlightenment, the Ganga Aarti is a must-experience when in Varanasi. The main deity worshipped in this temple is Lord Shiva, and the temple has a gold plating of 800 kg on its tower. Hence, there are many routes to reach Varanasi from Lucknow but the shortest are via Sultanpur and Jaunpur. Thus, it is one of the Amazing Places to visit in Uttar Pradesh.
- Best time to visit: November to February
- Distance: 294 km from Lucknow
- Places of attraction: Ganges River, Sarnath, Dasaswamedh Ghat, Banaras Ghats, Assi Ghat, Manikarnika Ghat, Dhamek Stupa, and Ganga Aarti.
Agra is a city on the banks of the Yamuna river in the state of Uttar Pradesh. It is a popular tourist destination as it is home to one of the 7 wonders of the world, the Taj Mahal. Also home to two more UNESCO World Heritage Sites – Agra Fort and Fatehpur Sikri. Apart from its monuments, it also has some exciting food varieties for the tourists. Further, Agra is included on the Golden Triangle tourist circuit, along with Delhi and Jaipur. And also a part of the Uttar Pradesh Heritage Arc along with Lucknow and Varanasi. Thus, it is one of the Popular Places to visit in Uttar Pradesh.
- Best time to visit: October to March
- Distance: 242 km from Delhi
- Places of attraction: Taj Mahal, Agra Fort, Fatehpur Sikri, Itimad-ud-daulah’s Tomb, and Mehtab Bagh.