Ooty is a popular hill station located in the Nilgiri Hills in the state of Tamil Nadu. And also local residents call it as “Queen of Hills“. Tea gardens, waterfalls, winding country lanes, botanical gardens, and charming colonial architecture makes Ooty the perfect respite for everyone. Hence, the best route to take is Coimbatore- Mettupalayam- Kallar- Burliar- Coonoor- Ooty. Thus, it is one of the Best Road Trips From Coimbatore.
- The best time to visit Ooty is in the summer months between March and June.
- Distance: 85 km
- Places to visit: Avalanche Lake, Pykara Falls, Doddabetta Peak, Lake, Botanical Gardens, Toy Train, Deer Park, Tea Museum, Emerald Lake, and Mudumalai National Park.
Munnar is a popular hill station in the state of Kerala. Set at an altitude of 1600 meters. And also known as the ‘Kashmir of South India‘. Further, Munnar is famous for its tea estates, viewpoints, misty hills, and forests full of exotic plants. Also, you can indulge in boating, trekking, and paragliding. Therefore it is a proper tourist hub with resorts and activities that have attracted visitors for decades. Thus, Munnar is one of the Best Places to visit in Kerala.
- The best time to visit Munnar is from March to June, July to September, or November to February.
- Distance: 158 km
- Places to visit: Eravikulam National Park, Kundala Dam & Lake, Attukal Waterfalls, TATA Tea Museum, Photo Point, Chinnar Wildlife Sanctuary, Pothamedu View Point, and Echo Point.
3. Anamalai Tiger Reserve
Anamalai Tiger Reserve is located in the Anaimalai Hills of Pollachi and Valparai of Coimbatore District, Tamil Nadu. Earlier known as Indira Gandhi Wildlife Sanctuary and National Park. Further, here you can witness the wild leopards, tigers, peacocks, deers, and elephants. Moreover, in this forest, we get an opportunity to stay and observe the wildlife of the reserve. Thus, it is one of the popular places to visit near Coimbatore.
- The best time to visit Anamalai Tiger Reserve is December to June.
- Distance: 110 km
- Places to visit: Anamalai hills, Thirumoorthi Falls, Attakatti viewpoints, Valparai, Monkey Falls, and Chinakallar Falls.
4. Siruvani Waterfalls
Siruvani Waterfalls is located in Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu. And also known as Kovai Kutralam Falls. It is home to certain tribals like the Mudugars and Irulars. The view from the falls and the dam attracts tourists from all over. And it creates a picture-postcard view with its free-flowing milky water streams. Further, you can indulge in various adventure activities like bird watching, jungle safari, and trekking. Thus, it is one of the Amazing Places to visit in Coimbatore.
- The best time to visit Siruvani Waterfalls is from June to September.
- Distance: 35 km
- Places to visit: Parambikulam, Aliyar, Palar rivers, Sholiyar, Anaimalai Hills, and Monkey Falls.
Coorg officially known as Kodagu is the most affluent hill station in Karnataka. Also called the “Scotland of India”. This place gives people several reasons to visit other than Abbey Falls or Madikeri Fort. More than thousands of travelers come to this place every year. And it is famous for coffee and spice estates, beautiful hills, temples, and the pleasuring weather. Thus, Coorg is one of the Most Interesting Places to visit in India
- The best time to visit Coorg is from October to March.
- Distance: 315 km
- Places to visit: Tadiandamol Peak, Abbey Falls, Mercara Gold Estate Coffee Plantation, Talakaveri, Brahmagiri Wildlife Sanctuary, River Rafting, Iruppu Falls, and Raja’s Seat.